Have you got what it takes to be a Caritas Ambassador?
A message from Bishop John Arnold
It has always been at the very foundation of our Faith that we not only profess our faith and belief in the love of God but that we express that Faith in an active care and love for our neighbour. If we claim to believe in the Gospel and ignore the plight and suffering of others around us then we have made our Faith an empty and useless vessel.
As Caritas Ambassadors you will make a very generous commitment to put your Faith into practical action; caring for those in need and fighting the disease of poverty that so threatens the well-being of our society and our world. You will recognise the dignity of every person and will show the way to others how we respond to people’s needs.
There are tough challenges ahead but there are always the opportunities to bring the love of God to others through our actions. Caritas Ambassadors will show all, by example, how we can make our world a better place.
Have you got the relevant skills? Come and join the lovely children photographed below.
- Children with an experience of raising money or awareness of those less fortunate than ourselves
- Children who have some understanding of what is Catholic Social Teaching
- Children who understand what we mean by the vulnerable, the oppressed and the marginalised
- Children who are aware of the current issues our world faces
- Children from any faith
- Children who can show initiative
- Children who are well organised and show that they can be responsible
- Children who can communicate well with others including children and adults
- Children with good listening skills
- Children who can express their opinions well in an articulate way
- Children who can show resilience and perseverance in the face of problems or difficulties
If you would like to apply, please write a letter of application addressed to Mrs Vayro explaining why you would be a good candidate and demonstrate how you have the relevant skills.
Please hand all applications to Miss Gibbons by Friday 26th November. Interviews will take place for those shortlisted at the beginning of October. Those selected to be Caritas Ambassadors will be trained and commissioned.