Year 2 2020 -2021
Welcome to the Year 2 class page!
This page will be updated throughout the year with key information, ideas to support your child's development, as well as a celebration of their learning and achievements in Year 2.
Whole Class Remote Learning
5.1.21 - 15.1.21
Click the links for resources or download from 'Files to Download' at the bottom of the page.
This will give instructions on what pages the children should complete in the workbooks that they have. To support this, there will be a daily video uploaded to the class webpage explaining the days learning. Please check the class webpage each morning- make sure to scroll down to the bottom to view the video.
Please could parents kindly send daily pictures of your child's learning to email@example.com and the class teacher will reply with feedback to the learning.
Many thanks for your continued support,
Year 2 team
Additional Home Learning Resources
PE: Fun PE lessons with PE Passport
Literacy: RWI phonics resources, Daily reading book (Username: ambrosey2, Password: ambrose) Yellow: What can Baby do?/ Grey: Nancy Roman's Space Telescope, The Literacy Shed for creative writing, Purple Mash for story chapters and activities -check 2Dos, First News for child-friendly news from around the world
Wellbeing: Child Line many well-being activities for children, to help them understand and cope in the current pandemic.
Music: Music with Mr Leonard - recorded interactive lessons with the children's music teacher. The link will change each week to send you to the correct video.
Art: Check the Art page for lots of different activities that the children can do at home, including YouTube video tutorials on how to draw, exploring artists, different art workshops and projects etc. This Art Bingo document also has lots of wonderful activities.
Don't forget to share any pictures of any other wonderful learning you are doing at home!
If you need to view any of the previous week's daily videos or lessons please email and I can share them with you.
Your amazing remote learning! Keep sending it in to firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet The Teacher 20-21
The PowerPoint is available to download below. It has key information about Year 2 and the learning and expectations. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me.
Year 2 Curriculum Overview
Please download this useful file below to see an overview of what your child will be learning in all subjects throughout the year.
Share In Our Learning 20-21
This letter contains more detailed information about what your child will be learning this half term. It's also full of top tips and exciting information.
The children will be using knowledge organisers in their learning which are full of key information for each specific subject.
Important things to remember:
- Your child needs to read at home every night and bring their book bag into school every day so an adult in school can hear them read.
- Your child needs a P.E. kit in school every day and can be taken home at the end of every half term. This must include pumps or velcro trainers for outside games.
- Your child needs to bring in a school book bag not a backpack or rucksack due to minimal space and health and safety issues.
- Your child needs a coat with a hood every day.
- The Year 2 school day starts at 8:45am everyday and it is vital your child is in at this time.
- The Year 2 school day finishes at 3:15pm.
Important dates to remember:
Mondays: Spellings set and TTRS session x 4 per week.
Tuesdays: Home learning exercise books returned to school (at the latest). / PE.
Thursdays: Home learning exercise books sent home.
Fridays: Spellings and times tables tested.
St. Ambrose water bottles can be purchased at the Office. These are to be filled with water only.
Reading: every night
The children will recieve two home reading books: a 'RWI: Read Write Inc.' linked text to their current class text, and a book-banded 'RFP: Reading for Pleasure' book that the children will choose themselves.
The 'RFP' books will continue as previous and the teacher and parent will track the child's reading of 2-3 pages every night. Once the child has completed the book they can exchange it for another.
The 'RWI' linked text will directly accompany their learning in literacy and phonics lessons. This will be changed when the children complete that book and move onto the next module. This will need to be read as follows:
- Day 1: Vocabulary and Read 1- Read through the instructions pages to help you understand how to use the book better. Then read through the vocabulary section with your child and then listen to them read through the story fully once. (+ 2 pages of RFP)
- Day 2: Read 2 - Re-read the story again to develop fluency, using a storyteller voice. (+ 2 pages of RFP)
- Day 3: Read 3- Re-read the story and answer the 'Questions to answer'. These need to be recorded inside your reading record. (+ 2 pages of RFP)
- Day 4: Read and Retell- Re-read the story and then get your child to retell the story to you using the prompts on the final page. (+ 2 pages of RFP)
- Day 5: Read and Questions to chat about - Re-read and discuss the 'Questions to Chat About'. (+ 2 pages of RFP)
Numeracy and Literacy: due every Tuesday.
The children will be given a page of literacy and numeracy to complete in their home learning exercise books every Thursday to be returned for the following Tuesday at the latest, unless they have been given any other additional Home-Learning such as RE, Art, History, Geography, Science etc.
18.01.21 (Focus: Suffixes -ed, -ing):
playing, played, waiting, waited, dancing, danced, skipping, skipped, clapping, clapped
The children need to be secure in their 2, 5 and 10 times tables. Please practise them with your child. Times tables will be tested every Friday.
Times table Rockstars will also be allocated homework 4 sessions a week. Challenge your class mates and other teachers!
Files to Download
Year 2: News items
Year 2: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 2: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display