Year 2 2021 - 2022
Welcome to the Year 2 class page!
This page will be updated throughout the year with key information, ideas to support your child's development, as well as a celebration of their learning and achievements in Year 2.
Welcome back! We are so happy to have you back in school!
Important things to remember:
- Your child needs to read at home every night and bring their book bag into school every day so an adult in school can hear them read.
- Your child needs a P.E. kit in school every day and can be taken home at the end of every half term. This must include pumps or velcro trainers for outside games. They will get changed for PE in school so must come in their full school uniform on PE days: Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Your child needs to bring in a school book bag not a backpack or rucksack due to minimal space and health and safety issues.
- Your child needs a coat with a hood every day.
- The Year 2 school day starts at 8:45am everyday and it is vital your child is in at this time.
- The Year 2 school day finishes at 3:15pm.
Important dates to remember:
Home Learning due back.
TTRS Soundcheck quiz
Home Learning set.
2 x books every night.
10 spellings given weekly:
The children will write their own spellings into their books every Monday.
Follow the 'Spelling Practise' instructions to help you support your child's learning.
2 x 20 minute sessions a week:
Start time: Thursday15:15
End time: Tuesday 13:30
In Year 2 the children must secure their knowledge of the 2, 5 and 10 x tables.
They will encounter a variety of different times tables on TTRS to develop a familiarity with them.
|1 x page per week- dated||1 x page per week- dated||
Week 1 09.09.21:
History- Personal History Timeline
It is really important that your children learn to use these spellings in sentences independently and not just for the spelling test score.
Please use some of the suggested spelling activities in the literacy section of the 'Parent Support Pack'.
This week's spellings: Week 7 18.10.21
Autumn 1 Spellings
20.09.21: focus -dge
27.09.21: focus -ge
04.10.21: focus -g
11.10.21: focus -j
18.10.21: focus c- before e, i, and y
Purple: the, my, you, said, your, full, mud, back, truck, left
Yellow: the, my, you, said, your, egg, quick, spring, cluck, wrong
Grey: the, my, you, said, your, clean, dream, scream, real, please
Purple: badge, edge, bridge, judge, dodge, his, lost, has, that, yes
Yellow: badge, edge, bridge, judge, dodge, quack, hatch, cluck, stretch, shock
Grey: badge, edge, bridge, judge, dodge, rage, little, brute, minute, rescue
Purple: age, huge, change, charge, village, escape, got, truck, back, hut, tips
Yellow: age, huge, change, charge, village, fluffy, wings, across, along, pecked
Grey: age, huge, change, charge, village, escape, pounced, time, lead, while
Pink: gem, giant,magic, giraffe, energy, light, night, fright, might, bright
Yellow: gem, giant,magic, giraffe, energy, off, still, long, glass, have
Grey: gem, giant,magic, giraffe, energy, found, strange, out, hair, place
Pink: hat, chip, with, stop, bag
Yellow: jacket, jar, jog, join, adjust, hatch, quack, along, stretch, pecked
Grey: jacket, jar, jog, join, adjust, huge, beast, spoke, poor, sore
Pink: big, bun, spotty, this, baby
Yellow: race, ice, cell, city, fancy, long, glass, swimming, biggest, said
Grey: race, ice, cell, city, fancy, other, through, sword, treat, scornfully
Files to Download
Year 2: News items
Year 2: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display