Year 6 2020 -2021
IMPORTANT: Year 6 Remote Learning
Please check the class webpage each morning for a video explaining the day’s learning. Please could parents kindly take a picture of their child's learning and send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to Remote Learning:
Week 4 - https://www.yout-ube.com/watch?v=tGbRZ73NvlY 0:30-1:20
BBC Bitesize are putting plenty of learning up on CBBC each day during Lockdown:
Welcome to year 6!
Welcome to a new and exciting school year for the Year 6 students - their final year at St. Ambrose.
We've got lots of enjoyable learning to do this year. This page will be updated throughout the year with key information as well as celebrating the learning and achievements of your child's journey in year 6.
Monday 10th May - Thursday 13th May - SATs week
Monday 18th May - Wednesday 20th May - Ghyll Head trip
Meet the Teachers Meeting
This will be held virtually this year. Here you can view the Powerpoint Presentation.
This will also be held virtually and the presentation will be sent to parents in the Autumn term.
In Year 6 you are expected to know all the spellings for Key Stage 2 (Y3-6). These can be found below.
Weekly spellings will be sent home every Thursday and will be tested the following Tuesday. Please practise daily with your child.
Share in Our Learning
Here are some websites that will be useful for your child throughout their learning each half term.
- https://mybookblog.org/plogin/st-ambrose-rc-primar/ - My Book Blog (all children have their passwords in their reading records)
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/ks2/ - Maths, English, Science
- https://classroom.thenational.academy/year-groups/year-6 - Online learning for Maths, English and Foundation subjects
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zq6svcw - Mayans
Here are some texts that will be linked to our topics this year:
- Beowulf, Kensuke's Kingdom and Why the whales came by Michael Morpurgo
- 'Wonder' by R J Palacio
- The Highway man by Alfred Noyes
- Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream by William Shakespeare
- The Day the Crayons Quit by Drew Draywalt
More recommended books for year 6 age can be found at https://schoolreadinglist.co.uk/reading-lists-for-ks2-school-pupils/suggested-reading-list-for-year-6-pupils-ks2-age-10-11/
Files to Download
Year 6: News items
Year 6: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 6: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display