Nursery 2020 -2021
Welcome to our Nursery class page. On this page, you will find lots of information about the school day, ideas for home learning to support your child and most importantly we will puit lots of pictures of our learning throughout the school year!
A special welcome to all of our new families joining us this September. Although we haven't been able to meet as we usually would, we are all very excited to meet you and your children and can't wait for you to be part of our St. Ambrose school family.
Hopefully, you all have the information you need and are eager and ready to start your journey with us at St. Ambrose. However, we know how much there is to remember and sort out before September so below are a few reminders about what is expected at St. Ambrose, what you need to prepare and ways in which you can help the school.
The school day
Due to the current pandemic there are a few changes to our school day.
- Nursery children will start the day at 9am.
- When your child is attending full time, they will finish at 3.30pm.
- The entrance to the Nursery will be via the green gate in the staff car park. You will be asked to wait here until all of the Reception parents have exited. You will then be able to come and drop off your child via the entrance in the GIFT garden. A member of staff will greet you outside and there are markers on the floor to help with social distancing.
- Parents are not allowed to enter the school building. However, if your child becomes unsettled, parents will be allowed in one at a time.
- We ask that only one adult comes to drop your children off to avoid too many people on the playground.
- As we need parents to exit the playground quickly, if you need a longer conversation with Mrs Grundy we kindly ask you to contact the school office.
- If you are late to school, we are unable to guarantee the safety of your child and avoid mixing with other year groups. Therefore, if you arrive after 9.10am, we will not be able to take your child that day.
- Nursery children are welcome to go to Breakfast club and After school club, as long as places are available. However, this must be booked at least 24 hours before and must be paid for in advance.
At St. Ambrose our motto is "Smart on the outside, smart on the inside."
Uniform must be worn by children in all year groups everyday. To see what our uniform is please click here.
In Nursery they will also need the following to be kept in school:
A change of clothes, named. (This does not need to be uniform)
A pair of wellies with their name on.
A school water bottle.
If you require any more information regarding St. Ambrose, inlcuding school meals, breakfast club and after school club or the School spider app please click here.
Starting school for the very first time can be a very daunting experience, for both children and parents. Even if they have attended another Nursery, they are coming to a new place, which especially in the current climate they may never have seen before and spending time with people they don't know.
However, we are here to support you and your child in everyway. Staggered starts are vitally important to your child's success and works well to ensure your child gradually becomes more familiar with their new setting.
I have included some documents at the bottom of the page which will hopefully help your child with their transition and some lovely activities that you can do to help prepare them. The best thing you can do is to keep talking about Nursery and the fun they will have!
This year, we are moving to the online learning journal app, Tapestry.
If your are not familiar with learning journeys, they are the equivalent to class books in other year groups. Staff will take pictures and observations of your chiod regularly and upload them to Tapestry. You will then be able to logon and see all of your child's wonderful learning at Nursery and will be able to see what their next steps in learning are.
The beauty of having it online, especially during the current situation is you can log on at anytime from the comfort of your own home and see what your child is up to! You can also add your own pictures of what you get up to outside of school and add your own contributions to our assessments.
As we get used to the system, we will set all parents up with a login. We will do this as soon as possible in the Autumn term and will let you know when this is available.
Online Safety for Early Years:
As the children are using more technology and online resources for their learning, please find some child friendly stories and games to teach your child about online safety:
Files to Download
Nursery: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Nursery: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display